One of the ways that marketers can reach these audiences is through Pinterest Ads. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the First Click Model, a key concept in understanding how Pinterest Ads work. So, whether you’re new to Pinterest Ads or looking to improve your campaigns, keep reading to learn more about the First Click Model and how it can help you reach your marketing goals.
Pinterest Ads attribution Model Explained
- It means if a Pinner clicked on an ad on Pinterest, and a couple weeks went by before the Pinner decided to purchase, Pinterest will still record the sale. This is because the buying journey is longer on Pinterest due to the Pinner behaviour. Pinterest attributes sales based on the 1st click It also means Pinterest attributes sales to itself even when all they did was inspire the purchase. You can somewhat combat this by using UTM links, or changing the attribution window to be smaller.
- Speaking of attribution window & Pinterest ads first click model, it is recommended to use 30/30/30. Explain why
- Learning phase is 14 days.
- Optimizations should be done no more than 2 times a week and even that is a lot.
- FREE GUIDE ON HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR PINTEREST ADS