Pinterest Pin Formats For Your Ads
Pin Formats From Oldest to Newest:
- Static Pins – These are the oldest types of pins and continue to perform well. It’s best to add all the elements onto the pins outlined by the Pinterest Best Practices.
- Video Pins – Videos pins are great when they are under 30 seconds, and contain engaging text overlay. Pinners don’t really listen with sound on, but they will watch your video if it inspires them.
- Carousel Pins – Carousel pins consist of static pins that a pinner can slide through. Ideally, 3 slides are best and contain text overlay that follow the Pinterest Best Practices.
- Max Video Pins – These ads can only be launched in a Video Views campaign and take up a large square space on the mobile feeds.
- Collection Ads – This type of ad is a static pin that also contains product pins, which populate other products you tagged underneath the static pin. Pinterest says this is the most profitable type of ad right now.
- Idea Ads – This type of ad is like a merge between Reels and Instagram stories. You can add around 3 slides per Idea ads, or more. Ideally, the first slide would be a video.