Idea pin ads are now live on all ad accounts! Now is the time to learn how to execute them properly. Get started with our tutorial!
Pinterest is a social media platform that has been growing in popularity over the years. One of the features that Pinterest has introduced recently is Idea Pins, which are essentially short-form videos that can be used to promote your brand or business. In this tutorial, we will go over how to create Idea Pin Ads on Pinterest.
Step 1: Create a Pinterest Business Account
To create Idea Pin Ads on Pinterest, you must have a Pinterest Business account. If you don’t have one already, you can create one by going to Pinterest for Business and clicking “Join as a business”. Follow the prompts to set up your account.
Step 2: Create an Idea Pin
Once you have a Pinterest Business account, you can start creating Idea Pins. Idea Pins are short-form videos that can be up to 60 seconds long. To create an Idea Pin, follow these steps:
- Click the plus icon in the top-right corner of the Pinterest app or website.
- Select “Create Idea Pin”.
- Choose the images or videos you want to use in your Idea Pin. You can either upload them from your device or choose from your Pinterest boards.
- Add text to your Idea Pin. You can add text overlays or captions to your images and videos.
- Choose a cover image for your Idea Pin. This will be the image that people see when they come across your Pin on Pinterest.
- Add tags to your Idea Pin. Tags help people find your Pin when they search for related content on Pinterest.
- Publish your Idea Pin.
Step 3: Create an Idea Pin Ad
Now that you have created an Idea Pin, you can turn it into an ad. To create an Idea Pin Ad, follow these steps:
- Go to Ads Manager in your Pinterest Business account.
- Click “Create ad”.
- Choose “Idea Pin”.
- Select the Idea Pin you want to turn into an ad.
- Choose your ad format. You can choose between a standard Idea Pin Ad or a carousel Idea Pin Ad, which allows you to feature multiple Idea Pins in one ad.
- Choose your target audience. You can target your ad based on location, interests, demographics, and more.
- Set your budget and bid. You can choose a daily budget or a lifetime budget, and set your bid based on how much you’re willing to pay for each click, impression, or engagement.
- Review and publish your ad.
Step 4: Monitor and Adjust Your Ad
Once your Idea Pin Ad is live, you can monitor its performance in Ads Manager. You can see how many impressions, clicks, and engagements your ad is getting, as well as how much you’re spending. Use this information to adjust your ad as needed. For example, if you’re not getting enough clicks, you may want to adjust your targeting or your bid.
In conclusion, Idea Pin Ads are a great way to promote your brand or business on Pinterest. By following these steps, you can create an Idea Pin Ad that will help you reach your target audience and drive engagement. Keep in mind that creating effective Idea Pin Ads takes time and experimentation, so don’t be afraid to try different approaches and see what works best for your brand.